What is Evite?
Evite was launched in 1998 and is a company that is headquartered in Los Angeles. The main purpose of Evite is to make it easier for you to send out event invitations. Sometimes you simply don’t have time to fill out paper invites and send them in the mail. Evite allows you to everything over the Internet. They have hundreds of designs to choose from. All you have to do is pick the one you want, enter the information about the event, enter your guest’s email addresses, and then send.
Some of the more specific benefits of Evite include:
- Adding polls in order to find out what your guests preferences are with regards to entertainment and food
- Providing lists of items that your guests can select to bring
- Allowing your guests to invite other people
That being said, there are also some cons to using Evite. Evite users have complained primarily about the amount of ads on the site. There are other programs out there that perform many of the same functions as Evite, and it may behoove you to take a look at them if you want to send invitations over the Internet and avoid some of the pitfalls of Evite.
10 Best Evite Alternatives
Punchbowl is an excellent alternative to Evite because it has so many different features, and it’s a great tool to use if you need help planning your event as well. It will basically ask you questions about your event, and then give suggestions regarding your invitations. Some of the key features include:
- The ability to see who will or will not be attending
- Buying party supplies via the website
- Importing guest email addresses from your inbox
- Capability to invite friends via social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter
- Invites that look personalized and just like real paper
- Handmade, uniquely crafted art
- Tons of popular kid designs including favorite characters
Price: They offer basic services for free. Membership fees are available when requested via their website.
Disadvantage: Only their most basic service is free. It is difficult to determine how much this service will cost.
If you would like more information, you can visit their website at:
Pingg is another great alternative to Evite. They have multiple templates for you to choose from for whatever type of celebration you are having. They also have the capability of allowing you to invite your friends and family through social networking sites or through importing your email contact list. Key features of this electronic invite website include:
- Sending invitations created by unique designers
- Designing your own cards or featuring photos on the card
- Adding gift registries or food lists so that you know who is bringing what
- Helping you get in touch with local vendors such as DJs, catering, photographers, etc.
- Capability of allowing you to sell tickets to events, collect money, and issue refunds
- Ability to manage your event effectively
- You can modify your rsvps easily
- Pingg will automatically schedule reminders and send out thank you notes after the event is over (allowing you the ability to customize or delete these notes first, of course)
Price: Free basic membership. Single use membership is $10.00. Social Membership is $30.00 per year and Party Pro Membership is $70.00 per year. They also offer postal service at $2.50 per card plus .65 to send in the U.S. and $1.18 to send internationally.
Disadvantage: Their e-card web pages are not ad-free unless you choose to pay a fee.
For more information, please go to:
- Facebook Event
If you are a Facebook user, then one of the most convenient ways to send out invites if through the Facebook event option. All you have to do it access your Facebook account to use this feature and then enter in all your information and select the friends you wish to invite. Here are some of the benefits:
- Public and private invitations
- Ability to discuss the event with the host as well as the other guests
Disadvantage: You cannot invite guests who are not Facebook users.
For more information, please access your account at:
And, if you do not have an account, go ahead and create one. It’s totally free.
PurpleTrail is another viable service that allows you to customize your invitations. There are the basic features such as choosing a fitting template, adding your own personalized message and/or photo, and entering in all or your information for the event. There are no ads on this website, and one of the unique benefits is you can have them print cards and send them in the mail for a small fee.
Price: Fees are based on design. They also offer the option to have your cards printed. It’s .85 for a rectangular envelope and $1.05 for a square envelope. Unfortunately, printed cards can only be sent in the United States.
Disadvantage: According to some users, it appears that this site offers options in terms of templates and design than Evite does.
For more information, please check out their website:
One of the unique things about Smilebox is that it allows you to add music and cartoons to your invitations. Some of the other key features of Smilebox are as follows:
- Variety of formats to fit your events needs
- Allows for you to create a slideshow
- Ability to send via email address or post to Facebook
- Capability of putting everything on a keepsake DVD
Price: Free for basic features. Fee for becoming a member that is revealed upon sign-up.
Disadvantage: Users have said that, while Smilebox does offer a lot of really great features, it doesn’t specialize in any one thing.
If you would like to learn more, please check out their website:
Sendomatic offers a lot of features to fit your event invitation needs. Here are some of their key options:
- Tons of designs and blank templates for you to choose from
- Customize your invites
- Completely ad-free
- Add contacts with ease
- Customizable URL that you can use on marketing materials or on your personal or business website
- Complete privacy protection
- See guests who have viewed your invite and what the responses were
- Get alerts for new responses
- Sell tickets to your event as well as accept donations
Price: Pricing depends on a couple of factors. If you choose to have them send out invites, then pricing is based on amount of invites. Under ten people is free. If you choose to send out invites yourself, the price is a flat $39.95.
Disadvantage: The main disadvantage seems to be price. If you want them to send out invites, they will charge you if your guest list is larger than 10. That isn’t very many people at all.
Sendomatic has a lot more features that are not listed here. For more information, please take a look at their website:
- Invititude (BDare)
Invititude is a service that can be used on your mobile device. You can view your invitations on your mobile phone and guests can RSVP to your event using their mobile phones. Other key features of this invite service include:
- Making invitations with music
- Personalized picture invites
- Assigned a QR code
- Ability to make a teaser video of your invite
- Navigation links to Google to help your guests locate your event
- Greeting board page where guests can write things
- Online seating plan for weddings
- Customizable with loads of features
Price: Completely and totally free.
Disadvantage: No notable disadvantages. It appears to be a solid service for a good price.
To learn more, please visit their website:
- Paperless Post
Paperless Post is a basic, but useful, program for sending out invites. Some of the features they offer include:
- Lots of beautiful templates
- Customizable options that meet all of your needs
- View RSVP status
- Capability of rescheduling and cancelling events
- Sharing photos with the use of an online photo gallery
- Features work of elite designers
Price: Basic version is free (you can send up to 2,000 invites). The premium version is admittedly a little difficult to understand. You get your first 25 coins for free, but, then, after that you have to purchase however many coins you need to customize and send your invites.
Disadvantage: The greatest disadvantage is the price. It is confusing to determine how much something will cost, and this pricing system is, therefore, not very user-friendly.
For more information on features other than those listed and pricing, please visit their website at:
Shindigg is another decent alternative to Evite and will allow you a well-organized experience when creating your online invites. These are some of its many features:
- Allows you to customize your event page to suit your needs. You can add anything you want: text, pictures, and video.
- Gives you the ability to sell tickets online to your event for a small service charge. And tickets are immediately downloadable.
- Ability to collect donations if you’re a non-profit. Guests can also buy a ticket and make a donation all in one transaction. Money is directly deposited into your account immediately.
- Capability of emailing guests right from Shindigg
- Allows you and your guests to share event information with over 90 social networks
- Downloadable reports so you know exactly who is attending
- Ability to check in your guests when they arrive at the event. This way you know who attended and who did not.
Price: Shindigg is free for free events. For paid events, it will cost you nothing if you decide to charge your guest the additional fee. If not, it costs $1 per ticket plus an additional 2.5 percent.
Disadvantage: No notable disadvantages of this service.
To gain additional information about Shindigg, go to their website:
PSPrint offers you a lot of the most basic features of event invites. Their features include:
- Hundreds of card design templates that are intricately categorized by type of event, style, etc.
- You can also customize your invites and make them completely personalized.
- PSPrint offers an easy-to-use format.
- You also have the ability to download a free PDF of the invite you created.
- Choose your preferred time and shipping options.
Price: Pricing is based on customization options and amount of cards to be printed.
Disadvantage: The most notable disadvantage of using PSPrint is that it doesn’t offer online delivery of invites. This is actually a printing service so you create your cards and they simply print them out for you. They do not send anything to your guests.
Take a look at their website if you would like more information:
Canva is a very basic but useful tool to help you get your event invites to your guests. Some of the features they offer include:
- A simple way to create your invites. It’s a four-step process: change images, change fonts, change background, change colors.
- Over one million stock images to choose from or the ability to upload your own photo
- Ability to share your invitation on several social media networks
Price: Completely free
Disadvantage: It appears that, with Canva, you get what you pay for. It is free, but there isn’t much in terms of special features.
If you would like to learn more, you can visit their website at:
These are some of the best alternatives to using Evite and all of them will provide you with a familiar but unique experience at the same time. There are other services out there as well so it would do you well to do your own research first and check them out to see which one best fits your needs.